ESCM Young Researcher Award
THE EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR COMPOSITE MATERIALS INVITES SUBMISSIONS FOR THE ESCM AWARD
The ESCM Award recognises the achievements of a young researcher who has made significant contributions in the field of composite materials.The ESCM Award will be presented during the 21st European Conference on Composite Materials (ECCM21), to be held in Nantes (France), July 2-5, 2024.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- The applicant should be younger than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. in a composites-related discipline awarded before the application deadline.
- The applicant should be currently working in the field of composites in Europe.
A panel selected from among the members of the ESCM Council will evaluate the applications and identify the candidate whose work has had the most significant academic or industrial impact.
The recipient of the award will deliver a plenary conference lecture during ECCM21, which will be named the « Albert Cardon » lecture. All expenses of the recipient related to participation in ECCM21 will be covered by ESCM, and the recipient will also receive a certificate in recognition of the award.
Applications should consist of:
- a two-page curriculum vitae;
- a list of written publications (separated into journal articles, conference papers, book chapters, patents, etc.); where appropriate, indicate the impact factor of the journal and the number of citations (according to the SCOPUS database and excluding self-citations);
- a selection of the five most important papers;
- and a two-page description of the work and achievements, including the total number of citations and H-index;
and should be sent by March 15 – 2024 by e-mail (subject: ESCM award application) to:
Prof. C. Binetruy and Prof. F. Jacquemin
Chairmen of ECCM21